Your donations to NMC help provide services to many uninsured and underinsured people in the Big Bend area.
This summer is shaping up to be a hot one, please make sure that you taking the precautions when out and about. We must make strides to avoid any heat-related illnesses. The following are quick tips to abide by:
• Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing, this also applies to infants and children
• Drink more than your usual limit of water
• Avoid drinking alcoholic, carbonated, and/or caffeine enriched beverages as they tend lead to dehydration
• Wear and apply sunscreen as indicated on packaging
• Take cool showers or baths to cool down
• Avoid direct sunlight when necessary
• Reduce strenuous activities or do them during the cooler parts of the day.
• Use a buddy system to monitor those in your company for any signs of a health-related illness
• Spend more time in air-conditioned environments.
At any point that you or someone close to you is experiencing any of the following, please seek medical care:
• Feels nauseous
• Cold, pale, and clammy skin
• Rapid and strong pulse