General Function of an NMC Volunteer:
Volunteers at Neighborhood Medical Center are responsible for helping support the agency’s mission of addressing the unmet health care needs of low-income and no-income uninsured citizens in our community. However, no one is allowed to volunteer inside the clinic unless they are a licensed Practitioner (MD, ARNP, MA), or are in medical school. A Level 2 Background check must be cleared on all volunteers.
Qualifications Needed to Volunteer:
- Over 18 years of age
- Caring attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
- Earn mandatory HIPAA certificate (The HIPAA exam will be taken at NMC)
Responsibilities of a NMC Volunteer:
- Attend initial volunteer orientation session
- Attend other training sessions, when possible.
- Maintain confidentially of all patient-related information.
- Be aware of biohazards in the clinic as well as the precautions which minimize risk for both volunteers and patients.
- Treat patients with respect and compassion.
- Sign in and out on Volunteer Log.
- Sign up for times you would like to work on the NMC Volunteer Calendar.
- Call at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot work a scheduled shift.
- Perform tasks as requested by clinic staff.